Still here. Still struggling....still trying to recover- sort of....

 

March 24, 2024

I am struggling more than ever these days…work is uncertain, my little guy is struggling too and is easily triggered and ALWAYS on the verge of anger (or already solidly there). I have slipped so completely back into major restriction and starvation. I exercise about 90 minutes a day and make sure I burn at least 400 calories. Every Day. Every Single Day.

I eat as little as possible and drink entirely too much coffee- never consuming any other beverages at all.  I am not nourished, not hydrated, not well rested. I have no healthy coping techniques and things are going from bad to worse by the minute…

I was thinking as I struggled this afternoon- "I wish I could starve myself enough to feel good." I wanted that fleeting moment of success and accomplishment that skipping a meal gives me…or skipping a whole day of meals…..then I realized, "starving myself DOESN’T make me feel good." 

I clearly had that thought.

And yet, I can’t stop. I do not want to stop. I want to be better at controlling my food, my hunger, my diet.

Since that moment of "clarity,"  I have not gotten any real food…. Just more coffee.

I firmly intend to keep restrict my eating this evening.

I have every intention to starve myself better- not less. 

I’m desperately just hoping that I can just get to tomorrow when I will be too busy to notice hunger. And distracted enough to stop eating after three bites or so…

I can’t get “better” because life is not getting better. I can’t handle all that is being asked of me and all that is constantly heaped upon me if I don’t have SOMETHING to control. SOMETHING for me. 

I know it is stupid and makes no sense at all….but the eating disorder (ED) is all I have to get me though my struggles. ED is all I have to give me self-worth and any sense of peace. ED is the only thing that I can count on to make me feel ok- sometimes. Maybe not all the time- but
sometimes
at least. Sometimes I DO get a fleeting moment of success and accomplishment from the starvation, the exercise, the weight dropping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. Patrick's Day and 101 years of Real Love

Our Foster Care beginnings...and blessings

Irony